Terms of Service
You are being asked to contribute your recollections, photographic images, video,
and/or other media to the Marquette County Stories of the Pandemic, which is
developing a permanent digital record of the events surrounding the COVID-19
pandemic in Marquette County, Michigan. You represent and warrant that the material
you submit was created by you and was not copied from or based, in whole or in part,
upon any other photographic, literary, or other material.
Your participation in this project will allow the public, as well as future students and
historians, to gain a greater understanding of this pandemic event and the community
response to it. You must be 18 years of age or older to submit material to us. Your
submission of material constitutes your permission for, and consent to, its dissemination
If you indicate on the form that your submission is “public,” your material may be
published on the web (with or without your name, depending on what you have
indicated) as part of the participating institutions’ digital collections or exhibits.
Otherwise, your response will only be available to approved researchers. Submitted
material must not violate any confidentiality, privacy, security or other laws. Please be
aware that all submissions and any information associated with the submissions (email
address, descriptive information, etc.) may be provided to federal, state, or local law
enforcement or other government agencies pursuant to a lawful subpoena or court
order. We reserve the right to discard or mark private any submission that project staff
identify as offensive or irrelevant, or for any other reason within their professional
Summary of Terms*
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Submitted material must be owned and/or created by you.
- You have the option of making your contribution public or private. If public, your content may be published as part of the participating institutions’ digital collections (with or without your name displayed, depending on what you have indicated).
- All submissions will be available to approved researchers and can be used by the participating institutions from now on in support of their teaching and research mission.
- Your submission must not violate any laws. If we receive a lawful subpoena or court order, we may be required to turn over any submissions and related information (email address, descriptive information, etc.).
*This summary is to help you read and understand the terms, but does not replace